Everything that we do in running a business has some sort of downstream impact.
Fortunately, this “ripple effect” can be controlled. You can set certain things in motion that will make then make other things in your business easier or better.
One of these things is to make a very simple change in your how you conduct your lead generation marketing, by starting to collect email addresses from the leads you’re already generating.
In case you didn’t realize it, building an email list is directly equivalent to lead generation. They are two sides of the same coin. But by building an email list in particular, a whole lot of other things suddenly get better and easier in your business.
When you build an email list:
- Your conversion rate increases.
- Your cost of client acquisition decreases.
- You smooth out the roller coaster ride of revenue throughout the year.
- Your bottom line profits increase.
- You get more referrals.
- You never have to wonder where to “put” leads as you generate them from various sources.
- Your sales process becomes less stressful since you have a follow up mechanism (e.g., the prospect isn’t just “lost” if they don’t buy right away)
These are just some of the reasons why you should be doing email marketing in your business.